Also known as: l – Lima Time, Lima
Lima Time Zone (L) is 11 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is a military time zone.
Where and When is L Observed?
Lima Time Zone is often used in aviation and the military as another name for UTC +11. Lima Time Zone is also commonly used at sea between longitudes 157.5° East and 172.5° East.
The letter L may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Lima Time Zone, such as 08:00L or 0800L. This is spoken as "zero eight hundred Lima".
Some places with the same time as Lima Time Zone
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Palikir, Pohnpei, Micronesia
- Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin, Russia
- Srednekolymsk, Sakha (Yakutia), Russia
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
- Magadan, Magadan, Russia
- Noumea, New Caledonia, New Caledonia
- Kolonia, Pohnpei, Micronesia
- Luganville, Vanuatu
- Lord Howe Island, Lord Howe Island, Australia
- Gizo, Solomon Islands
- Arawa, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea
Only showing up to 16 cities, others may also be observing Lima Time Zone.This time zone is no longer in use, but some locations may observe the same UTC offset (local time) under a different name.
Other Time Zones in UTC +11
Some time zones exist that have the same offset as L, but can be found under a different name:
- AEDT – Australian Eastern Daylight Time
- BST – Bougainville Standard Time
- KOST – Kosrae Time
- LHDT – Lord Howe Daylight Time
- MAGT – Magadan Time
- NCT – New Caledonia Time
- NFT – Norfolk Time
- PONT – Pohnpei Standard Time
- SAKT – Sakhalin Time
- SBT – Solomon Islands Time
- SRET – Srednekolymsk Time
- VLAST – Vladivostok Summer Time
- VUT – Vanuatu Time