Also known as: m – Mike Time, Mike
Mike Time Zone (M) is 12 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is a military time zone.
Where and When is M Observed?
Mike Time Zone is often used in aviation and the military as another name for UTC +12. Mike Time Zone is also commonly used at sea between longitudes 172.5° East and 172.5° West.
The letter M may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Mike Time Zone, such as 08:00M or 0800M. This is spoken as "zero eight hundred Mike".
Some places with the same time as Mike Time Zone
- Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
- Suva, Fiji
- Anadyr, Chukotka, Russia
- Yaren, Nauru
- Funafuti, Tuvalu
- Tarawa, Kiribati
- Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
- Majuro, Marshall Islands
- Pevek, Chukotka, Russia
- Wake Island, US Minor Outlying Islands
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Kamchatka, Russia
- Nadi, Fiji
- Tabiteuea, Kiribati
- Kwajalein, Marshall Islands
- Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Labasa, Fiji
Only showing up to 16 cities, others may also be observing Mike Time Zone.This time zone is no longer in use, but some locations may observe the same UTC offset (local time) under a different name.
Other Time Zones in UTC +12
Some time zones exist that have the same offset as M, but can be found under a different name:
- ANAST – Anadyr Summer Time
- ANAT – Anadyr Time
- FJT – Fiji Time
- GILT – Gilbert Island Time
- MAGST – Magadan Summer Time
- MHT – Marshall Islands Time
- NFDT – Norfolk Daylight Time
- NRT – Nauru Time
- NZST – New Zealand Standard Time
- PETST – Kamchatka Summer Time
- PETT – Kamchatka Time
- TVT – Tuvalu Time
- WAKT – Wake Time
- WFT – Wallis and Futuna Time