November 25, 2011 — Partial Solar Eclipse
The last partial solar eclipse of 2011 occurs on November 25, 2011. This eclipse is the last of the four partial solar eclipses in 2011 that occur throughout the year.
Where the Eclipse Was Seen
Regions that saw, at least, a partial eclipse: South in Australia, South in Africa, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Antarctica.
The November 25 partial solar eclipse is only visible from a limited area in the southern hemisphere. The lunar penumbra is centered near Antarctica, while its outermost edge passes over portions of New Zealand’s South Island, Tasmania, and the southernmost part of South Africa.
When the Eclipse Happened Worldwide
The eclipse started at one location and ended at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurred.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*|
|First location to see the partial eclipse begin||Nov 25 at 04:23||Nov 24 at 11:23 pm|
|Maximum Eclipse||Nov 25 at 06:20||Nov 25 at 1:20 am|
|Last location to see the partial eclipse end||Nov 25 at 08:17||Nov 25 at 3:17 am|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse could be observed from Washington DC. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse began, was at its max, and ended, somewhere else on Earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you wanted to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses visible in Washington DC.
Eclipses in Your City
Eclipses during year 2011
- Jan 4, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jun 1, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jun 15 / Jun 16, 2011 — Total Lunar Eclipse
- Jul 1, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Nov 25, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse (this page)
- Dec 10 / Dec 11, 2011 — Total Lunar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2017
- Feb 10 / Feb 11, 2017 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Feb 26, 2017 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- Aug 7 / Aug 8, 2017 — Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Aug 21, 2017 – Total Solar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2018
- Jan 31, 2018 — Total Lunar Eclipse
- Feb 15, 2018 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jul 13, 2018 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jul 27 / Jul 28, 2018 — Total Lunar Eclipse
- Aug 11, 2018 – Partial Solar Eclipse