Russia Changes Time Zone in Siberia
Russia will change the time zone of Zabaykalski Krai in Siberia. Clocks there will be turned forward by one hour from 02:00 (2 am) to 03:00 (3 am) on March 27, 2016.
New Time Zone
More Proposed New Time Zones
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a federal law changing the time zone in Zabaykalsky Krai on December 30, 2015.
There are several more regions in Russia that have submitted draft bills proposing changes to their time zones. These proposals still need to go through the stages of the legislative process and finally be signed by the president.
It is uncertain if and when the time zones will be changed:
- Zabaykalsky Krai, UTC +8 to UTC +9
- Astrakhan Oblast, UTC +3 to UTC +4
- Sakhalin Oblast, UTC +10 to UTC +11
- Ulyanovsk Oblast, UTC +3 to UTC +4
- Altai Republic, UTC +6 to UTC +7
- Altai Krai, UTC +6 to UTC +7
- Magadan Oblast, UTC +10to UTC +11