Wednesday, September 30, 2020Fullscreen
|Long Name:||Republic of Turkey|
Time Zone Currently Being Used in Turkey
|Offset||Time Zone Abbreviation & Name||Example City||Current Time|
|UTC +3||TRT||Turkey Time||Ankara||Wed, 7:12:29 pm|
How Many Time Zones Are There in Turkey?
Time Zone History of Turkey
Time in Turkey was standardized in 1910. With the exception of a few years in the late 1970s and early 1980s, the country's standard time was Eastern European Time (EET), which is 2 hours ahead of UTC. Eastern European Summer Time (EEST), the Turkish Daylight Saving Time, was 3 hours ahead of UTC.
In 2016, Turkey abolished DST and introduced Turkey Time (TRT). Since TRT shares its UTC offset with EEST, Turkey is now effectively observing permanent DST.
Time Zone News
- 9/15/2020 – End of DST in Europe 2020
- 2/19/2020 – DST Starts in Europe Sunday, March 29, 2020
- 12/18/2019 – End of DST in Europe 2019
- 12/18/2019 – European Union Ready to Scrap DST
- 12/18/2019 – EU Committee Votes to Scrap DST
- Time Zone Converter
- Meeting Planner
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time
- Time Zone Abbreviations
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time