Also known as: h – Hotel Time, Hotel
Hotel Time Zone (H) is 8 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is a military time zone.
Where and When is H Observed?
Hotel Time Zone is often used in aviation and the military as another name for UTC +8. Hotel Time Zone is also commonly used at sea between longitudes 112.5° East and 127.5° East.
The letter H may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Hotel Time Zone, such as 08:00H or 0800H. This is spoken as "zero eight hundred Hotel".
Some places with the same time as Hotel Time Zone
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Manila, Philippines
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Makassar, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Chongqing, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Ürümqi, Xinjiang, China
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
- Lhasa, Tibet, China
- Irkutsk, Irkutsk, Russia
Only showing up to 16 cities, others may also be observing Hotel Time Zone.This time zone is no longer in use, but some locations may observe the same UTC offset (local time) under a different name.
Other Time Zones in UTC +8
Some time zones exist that have the same offset as H, but can be found under a different name:
- AWST – Australian Western Standard Time
- BNT – Brunei Darussalam Time
- CAST – Casey Time
- CHOT – Choibalsan Time
- CST – China Standard Time
- HKT – Hong Kong Time
- HOVST – Hovd Summer Time
- IRKT – Irkutsk Time
- KRAST – Krasnoyarsk Summer Time
- MYT – Malaysia Time
- PHT – Philippine Time
- SGT – Singapore Time
- ULAT – Ulaanbaatar Time
- WITA – Central Indonesian Time