Also known as: k – Kilo Time, Kilo
Kilo Time Zone (K) is 10 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is a military time zone.
Where and When is K Observed?
Kilo Time Zone is often used in aviation and the military as another name for UTC +10. Kilo Time Zone is also commonly used at sea between longitudes 142.5° East and 157.5° East.
The letter K may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Kilo Time Zone, such as 08:00K or 0800K. This is spoken as "zero eight hundred Kilo".
Some places with the same time as Kilo Time Zone
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Khabarovsk, Russia
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
- Verkhoyansk, Sakha (Yakutia), Russia
- Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- Hagåtña, Guam
- Vladivostok, Primorsky, Russia
- Lae, Papua New Guinea
- Mount Hagen, Papua New Guinea
- Weno, Chuuk, Micronesia
- Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
- Colonia, Yap, Micronesia
Only showing up to 16 cities, others may also be observing Kilo Time Zone.This time zone is in use, but not observed in any location at this time.
Other Time Zones in UTC +10
Some time zones exist that have the same offset as K, but can be found under a different name: