The Classic Time Zone Converter is our original time difference calculator. For a modern version with more functions and a fresher look, try our new Time Zone Converter.
Questions about the New Time Zone Converter?
Setting up a calculation
- In the first row below Select time and place to convert from, enter the date and time in the location you wish to convert from.
- In the second row, enter the location you wish to convert from, either by clicking on one of the buttons and entering the location or its time zone or by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Under Select places to convert to, select or enter the location you wish to convert to.
- Optional: Click on Add More Cities to convert the date and time you entered in step 1 to the local time in multiple locations simultaneously.
- Click on Convert time.
Interpreting the results
- If you selected only one place to convert to, the time difference between this location and the location you converted from is shown at the top of the page.
- The table lists all selected locations. Find the corresponding local times in the Local Time column.
- The table automatically adds a final row showing the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) corresponding to the date and time you entered.
- To start a new conversion, click on Convert between other locations.
- To make changes to the current conversion, click on Make changes to the current search.
- For a plain text version of the results table, which is easier to copy and paste, click on Copy & Paste above the table.
- To see corresponding local times in a selection of the most important world cities, click on the date and time shown next to Corresponding UTC (GMT).
Why isn't my town included?
Our database of locations includes thousands of cities worldwide. If you don't find a location in the drop-down menu, click on Search... and enter the location into the search field. If it still does not appear, select a different location in the same country and time zone. You can also let us know which location is missing and we will consider adding it.
Some of our services now also incorporate an additional 6 million places via the GeoNames database. However, these are not available in our Time Zone Converters yet.
The time has the wrong format. How do I change between the 24-hour and AM/PM clock?
Our system supports both 24-hour and 12-hour (am/pm) clock formats. To change the format, please go to My Units and make a selection in the Time Format drop-down, and click Save Settings.
Why do I have to enter the date?
Some locations switch between standard time and Daylight Saving Time (DST) every year while others don't. Every country has its own rules about when to turn its clocks forward or backward, and by how much. DST is generally observed in the Northern Hemisphere while countries in the Southern Hemisphere are on standard time, and vice versa. All this means that the time difference between any two locations is likely to vary in the course of a year. Our Time Zone Converters automatically take into account these switches and the varying time offsets resulting from them.
Why can't I use time zones instead of locations?
The Time Zones... button offers the option to enter a time zone. However, you will still have to select an actual location after having entered the time zone. We have disabled the option to use actual time zone names, such as EST, EDT, or Eastern Time in the converter because, in our experience, these are often used inconsistently, which tends to lead to confusion.
Why are the times incorrect?
Why do I have to start from scratch for each calculation?
You don't. Instead of hitting the Back button in your browser to get back to the set-up page from the results page, please click on Make changes to the current search. This will take you back to the set-up page with all the selections you made for the previous conversion intact.
FAQ: General Info & Instructions
This converter seems to work fine. Why should I try the new one?
We're glad you like our Classic Time Zone Converter! However, whenever you have a minute, we suggest you have a look at the New Time Zone Converter. While both versions deliver the same reliable results, the new converter is a great deal easier to use. It also offers a number of additional functionalities, like a slider to change the selected time without having to start a new conversion and more advanced sharing options.
How can I share the result?
Either copy the URL (web address) of the results page and share it; or you can click on Copy & Paste on the results page to obtain a plain text version of the conversion table, which you can then copy and paste into your email, post, or document.
Please note that the New Time Zone Converter offers more sophisticated methods of sharing your result.
How many cities can I add?
Apart from the location you wish to convert from, you can select up to 11 cities to convert to. To add more, simply click on Add More Cities on the set-up page.
Is it possible to convert a time to all time zones worldwide?
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timeanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings and customization options, as well as advertising and copyright policies.