Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 14:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 413.77 meters/second, 1489.6 kilometres/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.3"||925.21 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||South||925.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 24.9"||798.05 mi||East||0° 35' 00.8"||40.16 mi||South||800.72 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 12:06 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:06 AM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||S|
|Yokohama||Sat 11:06 PM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 11:06 PM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 11:06 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 11:06 PM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 11:06 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 11:06 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sat 11:06 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 11:06 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.