May25 Fun Holiday – Towel Day
Carry a towel and don’t panic on Towel Day. Celebrated annually on May 25, this unofficial holiday celebrates the hugely popular science fiction comedy, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (H2G2) by Douglas Adams.
The holiday stems out of a key phrase in the series of books, called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - A Trilogy in Five Parts that refer to a towel as “…the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.”
How to Celebrate?
- Carry a towel with you wherever you go.
- If you haven’t read the books, why not pick them up and start reading them today? We assure you, you will not regret it!
- Listen to the radio show or watch the movie adaptations based on the books.
- Host an H2G2 themed party. Give out towels to your guests as favors. Regale them with bad poetry – hopefully not as bad as Vogon poetry. Serve them a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, lots of fish, and tea, and decorate your venue with petunias and signs that remind people not to panic.
- Attend a local Towel Day event.
Did You Know…
…that H2G2 was originally a radio show? Its popularity prompted Adams to write the books.
Towel Day Observances
|Fun Holiday: Towel Day Observances|
|2020||Mon||May 25||Towel Day|
|2021||Tue||May 25||Towel Day|
|2022||Wed||May 25||Towel Day|
|2023||Thu||May 25||Towel Day|
|2024||Sat||May 25||Towel Day|
|2025||Sun||May 25||Towel Day|
|2026||Mon||May 25||Towel Day|
|2027||Tue||May 25||Towel Day|
|2028||Thu||May 25||Towel Day|
|2029||Fri||May 25||Towel Day|