Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, December 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 413.79 meters/second, 1489.6 km/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 56.9"||925.24 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||925.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 06.2"||797.72 mi||East||0° 31' 21.9"||35.97 mi||South||800.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 12:48 AM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sun 12:48 AM||1819 km||1131 miles||982 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 1:48 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:48 PM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:48 PM||2389 km||1485 miles||1290 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:48 AM||2484 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 12:48 AM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Sat 9:48 PM||2870 km||1783 miles||1550 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:48 AM||3167 km||1968 miles||1710 nm||SE|
|Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk||Sat 11:48 PM||3377 km||2099 miles||1824 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.