Animation of Partial Solar Eclipse on January 4, 2011
The following animation shows the partial solar eclipse for January 4, 2011. The icon of the sun can be seen moving across towards the left in the animation. The moon is represented as a white, round icon that can be seen underneath the icon of the sun.
The darkest area of the moving shadow shows where the eclipse’s visibility is 50 percent or more. The outermost area with the lightest shading shows where the eclipse’s visibility is between zero and 50 percent.Please click on the play button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- General Information on Solar and Lunar Eclipses
- Tips for Eclipse Enthusiasts
- The History of the Solar Eclipse
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days