Jan 24, 1925 Total Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- South/West Europe
- North/West Africa
- South/West North America
- North in South America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
- London, Ontario, Canada
- Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Welland, Ontario, Canada
- St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- Buffalo, New York, U.S.A.
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Binghamton, New York, U.S.A.
- Newark, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Paramus, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- New City, New York, U.S.A.
- Babylon, New York, U.S.A.
- Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.
- Woodstock, New York, U.S.A.
- Bridgeport, Connecticut, U.S.A.
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Tórshavn, Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands
- Dublin, Ireland
- Douglas, Isle of Man
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Jan 24 at 12:41 PM||Jan 24 at 4:41 AM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||Jan 24 at 2:01 PM||Jan 24 at 6:01 AM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jan 24 at 2:52 PM||Jan 24 at 6:52 AM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||Jan 24 at 3:47 PM||Jan 24 at 7:47 AM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Jan 24 at 5:06 PM||Jan 24 at 9:06 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Seattle. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Seattle.
Eclipses during year 1925
- Jan 24, 1925 Total Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- Feb 8 – Feb 9, 1925 Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Jul 20 – Jul 21, 1925 Annular Solar Eclipse
- Aug 4, 1925 Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2014
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days