Sep26 Fun Holiday – Love Note Day
September 26 is Love Note Day, an unofficial holiday that encourages you to write and send notes full of love to the special person in your life.
A Forgotten Art
Almost as old as the first written language, the love note has historically been one of the most romantic ways to tell that special person how you feel about them. However, with the fast pace of our modern day lives, the art of writing love notes and exchanging them with one's sweetheart is slowly dying. Love Note Day aims to change this.
Conveys Many Emotions
A love letter or note is a way to pen down one's deepest feeling about another person. It does not have to romantic or sappy. It can convey a vast selection of emotions, from adoration to anger, from joy to sadness, and from admiration to disappointment.
How to Celebrate?
- Walk away from your computer screen, bring out the scented paper, the fanciest pen you have, and find yourself an inspiring place to sit and get cracking on that love note! Give it to your sweetheart, perhaps during a nice meal or while on a walk in the park.
- If you don't have time to handwrite your love note, maybe you could send your love a nice email that says how much you love and appreciate them?
- Leave some love notes around your home for your loved one to find. Hide them in their lunch or their gym bag, stick the note to the bathroom mirror, so that's the first thing they see in the morning, or quietly slip it into their pockets before they leave home.
- Don't have a special someone? Who says a love note can be only for a romantic partner? Send a note to a friend or a family member to tell them how much you love them!
- Read love notes and letters written by famous people - maybe they will inspire you to write one of your own.
Did You Know...
...the oldest surviving Valentine's Day love letter in the English language dates back to 1477? Called the Valentine's Day Love Letter, the note was written by Margery Brews to her fiancé John Pasto.
Love Note Day Observances
|Fun Holiday: Love Note Day Observances|
|2021||Sun||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2022||Mon||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2023||Tue||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2024||Thu||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2025||Fri||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2026||Sat||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2027||Sun||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2028||Tue||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2029||Wed||Sep 26||Love Note Day|
|2030||Thu||Sep 26||Love Note Day|