Australia's Time Zones
Standard Time Zones
- UTC+8:00: Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)
- UTC+8:45: Australian Central Western Standard Time (ACWST)
- UTC+9:30: Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)
- UTC+10:00: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- UTC+10:30: Lord Howe Standard Time (LHST)
Locations with Separate Times
DST in Australia
DST October to April
DST starts at 02:00 (2 am) on first Sunday of October, when the clocks move forward by 1 hour to 03:00 (3 am) local time. DST ends at 03:00 (3 am) when the clocks move back to 02:00 (2 am) local time on the first Sunday of April.
During DST, time zones have a different UTC-offset and time zone name. In Australia these are:
- UTC+10:30: Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT)
- UTC+11:00: Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
- UTC+11:00: Lord Howe Daylight Time (LHDT)
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Thursday, June 20, 2019
UTC is the common time standard across the worldMore about UTC
Time Zone Map With DST
Time Zone Library
- What Is a Time Zone?
- How Many Time Zones Are There?
- What Is Standard Time?
- Half Hour & 45 Minute Time Zones
- What's the International Date Line?
- Why Do We Have Time Zones?