Aug15 Fun Holiday – Relaxation Day
On August 15, take a day off from your daily routine, put your feet up and relax because it is Relaxation Day.
The origins of this holiday are unknown, though it is thought that the holiday began as National Slacker Day in Britain.
In the hustle bustle of their daily lives, most people often forget to slow down and take some time for themselves. This can create stress and other stress-related health issues like high blood pressure and heart problems.
Take a Deep Breath
Relaxation Day is a reminder that sometimes it is okay to take a deep breath, slow down and take it easy - not only does relaxation make you feel better about yourself, it can have long-term health benefits too!
So on this day, do things that help you relax and de-stress. Kick back and enjoy a cold beverage in your backyard, read a book while curled up with a hot cup of tea, sleep the whole day long, or take a warm bath and spend the day in your pajamas watching TV.
How to Celebrate?
- Relax! Do whatever that you feel relaxes you, even if it is for a short while.
- Use this day to do a digital detox. Unplug the computer, put away the phone and stay away from all social media. With no work emails to fret over and no social dramas to be bothered with, you will feel the stress melt away.
- Go to the spa for a day of pampering and some "me" time.
- Take a leisurely walk in the park. Stop and smell the roses, walk barefoot on the grass, have a small picnic by yourself, or read a book while people-watching.
- Learn a new skill like knitting or playing golf.
Did You Know...
...that in physics and chemistry, relaxation is a concept that refers to the movement of a system or a process from a state of disorder or disruption to equilibrium?
Relaxation Day Observances
|Fun Holiday: Relaxation Day Observances|
|2020||Sat||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2021||Sun||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2022||Mon||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2023||Tue||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2024||Thu||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2025||Fri||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2026||Sat||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2027||Sun||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2028||Tue||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|
|2029||Wed||Aug 15||Relaxation Day|