Aug10 Fun Holiday – Lazy Day
August 10 is Lazy Day. Celebrate your inner couch potato by giving up all your daily chores and doing nothing the whole day long!
While we really don't want to tell you more about this awesome holiday, we are feeling lazy, you see, we will, so that you can make the most of trying to be dull for an entire day.
Also known in the United States as National Lazy Day, this unofficial holiday of unknown origins honors sloths, slackers, layabouts, idlers, and lazybones. It also provides an excellent excuse to those among us who are stressed and over-worked to take the day off and recharge.
How to Celebrate?
- Do we really need to spell it out? Laze around, do nothing, goof-off, slack, and procrastinate.
- Refuse to do any chores - you can always do them the next day.
- Order food in instead of cooking and spend the day on the couch watching back-to-back episodes of your favorite TV show.
- Go to the spa and get a well-deserved "me-day."
- Stay in bed all day long and refuse to respond to any emails or phone calls.
- Watch the 1929 comedy film, Lazy Day.
Did You Know…
…that many species of the sloth a very slow moving mammal found in Central and South America, can turn their heads 360 degrees? Now, that's a lot of effort for an animal that is named for its laziness!
Lazy Day Observances
|Fun Holiday: Lazy Day Observances|
|2022||Wed||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2023||Thu||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2024||Sat||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2025||Sun||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2026||Mon||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2027||Tue||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2028||Thu||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2029||Fri||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2030||Sat||Aug 10||Lazy Day|
|2031||Sun||Aug 10||Lazy Day|